Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Meet Me! An abridged intro to this blog's creator.

Howdy--my name is Max Wright, and I love to write.  I may not be the most extraordinary master of words, or the champion of perfect grammar, nor even well-seasoned in the field of fancy vocabulary, but I've got my style with which I'm wholly satisfied.  Of course, I'm willing to adopt awesome or beneficial English writing nuances that I enjoy from fellow authors, and teachers of the written language, and I strive to progress and further excel in my endeavors.  
For the most part I'm a plain, normal dude that does what he loves.  I'm pursuing the creation and direction of film at BYU, while trying to learn all I can about the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ, which I believe is the greatest thing on earth and in heaven.  Acting also occupies my fancy, and drawing, reading, singing, gardening, cooking, and spending time with my wonderful family and friends.  The outdoors intrigue and allure me on wild adventures, exploring and soaking in the beautiful majesties of God's creative heart and hand.







"East of Eden" by the legendary John Steinbeck is my favorite novel that's been read by me, and "East of Eden" from the brilliant Elia Kazan contends for one of my favorite films.  The raw, descriptive language and genesis-inspired story of Adam Trask and his boys Cal and Aaron offered me a series of lessons and values unlike any American Literature I'd before encountered.

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to read Grapes of Wrath, which is also by Steinbeck I believe. After reading your blog, you sure seem like you have a good handle on writing! You don't have to be so modest, you're great at writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do enjoy your writing style - sometimes fancy vocabulary is overrated! (don't tell anyone I said that) Do you think it was East of Eden that got you interested in movie making? That sounds like such an interesting field to pursue!

    ReplyDelete